- Yield: Serves 4 people
- Active Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 22 minutes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed
- 4 pitas
- 1 cup full-fat or low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon tahini
- 1/4 teaspoon grated garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped dill, plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped mint, plus more for serving
- 1/2 large English hothouse cucumber, halved lengthwise, cut into 1/4″-thick half-moons (about 1 cup)
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 3/4 cup small cherry or grape tomatoes, halved (about 5 ounces)
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Combine cumin, coriander, paprika, cayenne, cinnamon, 2 Tbsp. oil, 3/4 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. pepper in a large bowl. Add chicken and toss to coat. Spread on a rimmed baking sheet and roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of thigh registers 165°F, 12–15 minutes; wrap pitas in foil and warm in oven during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, mix yogurt, tahini, garlic, lemon zest, 2 Tbsp. lemon juice, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. pepper in a medium bowl until incorporated. Fold in 2 Tbsp. dill and 2 Tbsp. mint.
- Toss cucumber, lettuce, tomatoes, onion, remaining 2 Tbsp. lemon juice, 2 Tbsp. oil, 1/4 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. pepper in another medium bowl.
- Thinly slice chicken. Place 1 warmed pita on each plate and top evenly with chicken and tomato-cucumber salad. Drizzle each pita with 2 Tbsp. tahini-yogurt sauce; top with dill and mint. Serve remaining tahini-yogurt sauce alongside.
Tahini-yogurt sauce can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.